Back in June, Vaniman Manufacturing Co. (makers of the Pure Breeze HEPA Air Purifier) hosted a panel discussion at the 2021 OSAP Virtual Conference. Our discussion featured our own Don Vaniman alongside two renowned researchers working deeply in the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dr. Kimberly Prather, PhD has been among those leading the push to get regulatory bodies to acknowledge that SARS-CoV-2 is transmitted primarily by aerosols. Dr. Shelly Miller, PhD is an expert on indoor environmental quality, including airborne infectious disease transmission and control and air cleaning technologies. Both have been on numerous research teams to provide scientific guidance in a variety of areas to adapt and control the COVID-19 outbreak.
The discussion, moderated by nationally recognized speaker and dental safety advocate Nancy Dewhirst, RDH, took place on June 3 via Zoom. Press play to see the highlights:
The audience for the live event was primarily dental industry professionals, various dental safety board members, and top-level government agency representatives…
But the takeaways are universal:
- COVID is airborne. It lingers indoors for hours via aerosols when an infected person enters the room.
- Once we acknowledge it’s airborne, it becomes a fixable problem.
- Cleaning indoor air is key to slowing the spread.
- A fully layered approach to indoor air cleaning is necessary if we’re going to stop this pandemic. If the building’s HVAC system cannot provide a safe enough level of air filtration and exchange (which most buildings’ systems cannot), the quickest and most effective route is with portable HEPA filter air cleaners.
- Commercial grade portable HEPA air cleaners are already available on today’s market. But watch out for additional bells and whistles that, at best, are unnecessary expense, and, at worst, could produce other toxic chemicals in the air. HEPA filtration is the only proven technology recommended today.
PLEASE NOTE: Vaniman Manufacturing Co. is a private manufacturing company based in Southern California. Other than Don Vaniman, President of Vaniman Manufacturing Co., no presenters or moderators included in this video have any ties to Vaniman Manufacturing Co., and none specifically endorse Vaniman Manufacturing Co. or its products. The appearance of the Vaniman Manufacturing Co. logo does not indicate any affiliation. This is for informational purposes only.