Nancy Dewhirst, RDH is a nationally recognized speaker, writer, and dental safety advocate. She presents interactive and hands-on clinics across the country focusing on infection control, disaster preparedness, OSHA training, and more. She is also adjunct faculty at West Coast University in Anaheim, CA, focusing on Oral Pathology and Infection Control in the Department of Dental Hygiene and a member of Sigma Phi Alpha.
Ms. Dewhirst is listed as a “Top U.S. Speaker” and is on the California Dental Association Speaker’s / Consultant’s bureau. She has presented many hundreds of seminars both nationally and internationally. Topics include:
- Diseases, infection prevention and OSHA compliance
- Disaster preparedness
- Building contamination and dental waterlines
- Instrument sharpening
- Ultrasonic scaling
Hosts for her programs include major state dental conferences, universities, and professional organizations such as:
- Chicago Dental Society Midwinter Meeting
- Thomas P Hinman Dental Meeting
- Yankee Dental Congress
- California Dental Association (Fall and Spring Scientific Sessions)
- Star of the North
- Texas Dental Meeting
- Arizona State Dental Association
- Greater NY
- New Orleans Dental Conference
- Oregon Dental Assoc.
- Ohio Dental Assoc.
- Connecticut Dental Assoc.
- Washington State Dental Meeting
- Annual Nation’s Capital Dental Meeting
- Sacramento Dist. Dental Society
- Loma Linda University
- Assoc. of Energy Engineers
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Oregon Health Services U.
- U. of Alberta
- U. of Alabama
- U. of Texas at Houston
- ADHA, CDHA
- RDH Under One Roof
As a writer, Ms. Dewhirst has had dozens of articles published in peer reviewed professional journals and has contributed to dental textbooks and national guidance documents such as Ada Infection Control Wall Posters, CE courses, newsletters, product literature and website content. She also has written columns on infection control in major dental industry publications.
Nancy has been fantastic in helping to wrangle all of the moving parts for our upcoming OSAP panel presentation on June 3, 2021. We cannot think of anyone better suited to moderate this discussion!